Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tuesday Archives #68: Recipes!

Welcome to the linky party that rejuvenates your old quilting/sewing posts! 
Please click here to read more about this linky party.  
Val's Quilting Studio

This week's theme is: Recipes! 

This week find's us "exchanging" recipes! Crock pot, BBQ, breakfast, dessert...any recipe your little heart desires. I mean we can all use something new, especially if it leaves us with more time to sew! A summertime favorite I found in my archives is our FAST yogurt pie:

Here's the recipe:

First, Mix together in a bowl:
2 cups of lowfat strawberry yogurt
1 8 oz.container of cool whip (thawed)
1/2 to 1 cup of chopped strawberries
Next, spoon mix into a premade Grahman Cracker Crust. (Add toppings if your want)
Then, freeze for about four hours.
Finally, remove the pie from the freezer and place in the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.

Store leftovers in the freezer.

*NOTE: If strawberries aren't your favorite, you can easily substitute the strawberries for your favorite yogurt/fruit combination. Maybe use blueberry yogurt with blueberries, vanilla yogurt with crushed pineapple, peach yogurt with diced peaches?? Whichever flavor you choose, this pie literally takes 5 minutes to mix together and get into the freezer! And everyone loves it...especially when it's HOT outside.


6 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm going to have to try that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, remember, you asked for it! I put three links up, and here is the recipe index page - https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/recipes/
    Jackson would love some Crock Pot Pork Roast, he told me so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summer flag pie looks really delicious. Thank you Val for your lovely link party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed this Linky Party as I am having some renewed interest in my kitchen and started a new blog to showcase my new life in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recipe looks WONDERFUL, Val. I must have a slice. I don't have time to find a great recipe to post tonight, but thanks again for your wonderful weekly link up. I hope all is well in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We made the crock pot chocolate cake...delish!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...