Sunday, June 28, 2015

Summer Sampler: Crazy Quilt Stitching

As I said last week, my summer handsewing project is this summer sampler wool project.
Having never done crazy stitching before, I found the preprinted, water-soluable stitch guides very helpful in learning new stitches. This week I enjoyed stitching all the seams as I watched some summer movies. (Ughhhh...I hate that the summer heat has arrived.)

Once the seams, borders and corners were stitched, I just had to soak my piece in room temperature water for 5 minutes. I made sure all the paper was dissolved.

Paper all gone. Cool huh!

Now I just need to lay it flat to dry. 
Meanwhile, I'll find myself another movie on TV and start preparing the applique pieces for the blocks. 
Linking up and visiting with everyone at Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.
 I'll look forward to sharing the applique with ya next week.

13 comments:

  1. Those water soluble stitching guides are pretty handy. What a fun way to learn some new stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is very cool! And your stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so unique, Val. I have never seen the water soluble stitch guides before, what a great tool to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking good-I really need to get going on my wool crazy quilt purse-I have everything for it now-just need to cut out the pieces and figure out the design etc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitches look wonderful, I haven't seen this kind of water soluable stitch guide. Neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of preprinted stiche guides sounds like a great idea and a great way to learn and get some even and balanced results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow, and holy wow, that is amazing! Your stitches are beautiful! Like Carla, I, too, have never heard of preprinted stitch guides, but what an awesome idea. Heat....send some our way!! The west is melting and the east, where I am is drowning and freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen the printed stitch guides, but never used them - my embroidery stitch books would feel so hurt. BUT what a great technique for someone just starting out. We are cold and wet - almost swimming down the river.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little stitched flowers are so cute! I am hating our recent heat-this is Oregon. It is supposed to be mild temperatures! I am happy to send it off to someplace else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your crazy stitching is very cool. I have never seen printed stitch guides. Enjoy that lovely Summer weather of yours, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good to see your crazy block, I love crazy. What a good idea with the stitch guides, enjoy the applique and look forward to seeing your completed piece

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's very clever - did you buy it as a kit?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's very clever - did you buy it as a kit?

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...