Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tuesday Archives #23: Farm & Favorite Quilts

Welcome to the linky party that let's you rejuvenate your old quilting/sewing posts! 
(Check over in my right margin for the list of  upcoming August themes)

Val's Quilting Studio
This week is all about skimming through those archives and finding anything and everything that has to do with Farms and you also get the opportunity to reshare one or two of your very Favorite quilts! 

FARM

Look at this adorable baby Farm quilt I found will researching for this week's post:
It was created by a new blogger, Angela I found at Quiltaholic.
  And then there's my favorite paper piecing gal I love to admire:
Janeen at Quilt Art Designs.

Grab yourselves a button ladies:
Val's Quilting Studio


 
FAVORITES:

One of my favorite quilts continues to be, ironically, one of my very first quilts. It's this Pinwheel Block pattern quilt, that was adapted from More Quilts for Babies by Ursula Reikes. This was made during my very first quilt class in the Fall of 2009. The prerequisites for the class where we needed to be able to thread our sewing machine and sew a straight line! Our teacher taught us everything form fabric selection and patiently guided us through each step of the quilt-making process. To have started at the beginning, with such an experienced and informative teacher was a blessing to say the least. 
Laughing at myself, as I haven't had my hair this long in like, three years! 

13 comments:

  1. I've only made three quilts, but the colour wheel quilt is my favourite by far, as it is the only one that looks good :)

    I was thinking of linking up my beehive quilt in the farm section, but I don't know that beekeeping is quite included in that category.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first farm quilt! Very cute! I will check out her blog. Your first quilt is an amazing first quilt! It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only took me four months to make! LOL!!

      Delete
    2. I think it looks great. Four months is really fast for a first quilt, I think. My first quilt took over two years :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the Favourite Val. Really nice of you... My favourite in amongst the animals has to be the little donkey. Just love her.
    Janeen xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val, so hard to pick a favourite....is is this one.....or that? I just figured out that mine fits both categories today so I have only popped in one entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the opposite of you, my favorite one is often my last one! So I shared my string quilt. Thank you for this opportunity to share our favorite quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun quilts! Like you one of my favorite quilts came from a class taking very early in my quilting adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Favorite? How can you pick a favorite? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely not...LOL! But I think I chose this one as it holds all the memories of my first class, the friendships made and the foundation lessons learned as I made it that stick with me. Love that our quilts can hold memories like that.

      Delete
  8. Another great set of themes Val! I love the the pre-reqs for your first class - definitely not intimidating, LOL! There's no way you could have not beome a dyed-in-the-wool (uh, cotton) obsessed quilter with a first class finish like that. Kudos to your teacher for a class well taught!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat quilt and love your photo Val!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you do these archive linkys, Val! Sometimes we can get so discouraged by the projects in progress that might not be coming together the way we envisioned or feel like nothing is getting accomplished. Hunting back through my archives reminded me that some of my favorite quilts are actually the ones where things DIDN'T go as planned or where a "happy accident" forced me to change directions midstream. That's powerful motivation to press on with the four in-over-my-head projects I've got going on at the moment (but who's counting, right?). Thanks for hosting the party. Also, I love that photo of you with your first quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...