Sunday, December 1, 2013

And the stockings were hung...

...by the chimney with care. 
Now...truth be told: I DO NOT knit. 
100% of the credit for these adorable stockings goes to my mom! 
Mom knitting. Me binding.
But I know many of you knit and I'm always admiring your work, especially having grown up with knitted blankets, sweaters, sock and slippers. (Thanks mom!) So I asked her if I could share her creations on my blog, as I really wanted to share something in the area of knitting with you

This year we celebrate the addition of a son-in-law and grandson to our family. My son-in-law and I have had some running jokes over the past few years, including my using a gym sock for his stocking. I wanted to  make up for past humor. 
His smile is all the thanks we need! 
The patterns for these and many more are available at Mary Maxim.
Happy December.
With smiles,
Val:)

Linked up with:
Connie at Freemotion by the River
Ladybug Blessings
Robyn at Flusterbuster
Sarah at confessionsofafabricaddict


10 comments:

  1. These are great, Val. I admit that I do knit - I taught myself when I was in my 20s, but I really don't have patience for it, so haven't done it for years (decades). I prefer quilting and crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My poor mother tried to teach me to knit several times throughout my life, yet I seem to always pull way too tight. So I quilt and applique.

      Delete
  2. Great stockings. I do not knit, but my mom is a racer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Isn't it great when you have complimentary talents? Such a pretty row...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Valerie. They look fantastic all in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think dear SIL needs a gym sock as well! ;). These are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! My DD #2 asked for some this year, and I had to say no at such a late date. :>( Next year..... Love your mom's patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute stockings!! I don't knit either but love seeing what others make! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOLY COW!!! Those are exactly the stockings my grandmother crocheted for us!! I've had mine since I was a kid, don't remember not having one, then she made some for my husband and daughter! I feel bad that my son doesn't have one that matches so I'm sewing him one, but I would LOVE for him to have one too! I don't knit or crochet but maybe I should try!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...