Monday, August 19, 2013

Wool Flowers & Creative Stitching

As I transition back into my teaching schedule and find myself preparing for my new second graders,  it's nice to have some creative stitching to do in the evenings as I wind down. Here is the sampler before I started:
And here are some examples of my progress since my wool class over the past weekend: (The first three flowers are finished)

The next two are my WIP:
I plan to quilt and hang this in my bathroom once it's finished:
 
I'm enjoying the break from quilting and this creative stitching is fun! Samplers are cool like that I guess. I promise to post "after" pictures in a week or two once I have the stitching done and quilting completed.
With smiles,
Val:)

PS: Check out more fun ideas this Terrific Tuesday at these linky parties:
http://conniekresin.com/
http://betteroffthread.com/
http://ihavetosay.typepad.com/randi/













6 comments:

  1. The finished ones are adorable, I can't wait to see the wip ones later when they are finished :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! What is the name of the looping stitch used in the first WIP? It looks like l's in cursive and I'd love to learn it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan, That looping stitch is called the: Rosette Chain Stitch. I also used it on the second finished flower...it is in light blue around the pink layer of the flower. It's a fun and actually easy stitch ONCE you get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Who what have thought that those plain 'before' flowers could become something so beautiful with just a few stitches? I say just a few, but I can see how much time and effort has gone into it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful blocks and the stitching is so unusual!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...