Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hexi Flower Centers

Sometimes when starting a Hexi Flower, I find picking out the center is sometimes the hardest part! (Anyone else feel like that??) My youngest daughter and I are using the same fabric to make a  Hexagon quilt. (See my WIP here: My Hexagon Quilt) But we each chose a different center. Each center totally fitting our personalities perfectly. Each of us  love our WIP...never-the-less, I still think it took us two days to decide what fabric to use for our centers! Today, I thought I'd share the contrast of my bright and her subtle centers and just how much of a difference the center can make! (No wonder it takes so long to decide!)

If your visiting from One Flower Wednesday and have any good tips on how you pick your centers...please share! (I can always use help!)
With smiles,
Val:)

7 comments:

  1. I haven't done and hand sewing besides yet and definitely would like to try it. Both of the center chosen for these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....be careful..once you start it's addictive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hexies and choices in fabric I also find choosing the fabric the hardest part.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both flowers are amazing, the color choice in the center makes a big difference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. both are really pretty, and you're right, they definitely give each flower its own personality!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like both Val. Can't say I have had trouble deciding on centers before, but now I will look twice!lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are wayyyy ahead!!! But I'm so glad we share this matching quilt project.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...