Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy Mail & A Productive Week!

Today I really have something to Whoop about.
First, as I received happy mail yesterday:
 (My husband laughed that I took a picture of myself...but I was that happy!)
In the manila envelope was THIS: 
THIS is the wool kit for a class I am taking up in the mountains next weekend!! I took a Sue Spargo class in April and fell in love with Creative Stitching! Above is the picture of the sampler we will be creating. Anyone else get their hands on her new book: Creative Stitching?? ...addictive stitching!

 I mean look at these colors and they are sooooo soft! I'm already thinking the finished project will be  perfect hung in my bathroom...the walls are painted lavender.

 And the box delivered the last block kits of my Garden Party Applique Quilt.
I admit, THIS was a little overwhelming to open...as I usually get one block a month and this included four! "Egads!"  I'm still working on my August block, so I set this all aside for another day. But, you can check out my progress of this project here: Garden Applique.

And the second thing I'm whooping about is:  I felt productive.
I had three finishes during, this, my next to last week of summer vacation:

I felt like I had myself a little at-home vacation with me and my dog. LOL!! (Husband was working...house chores were all caught up inside and out...I even splurged and had a BIG cinnamon roll for breakfast...TWICE!)

This weekend finds me back to mowing and we have friends coming with plans to visit a nearby Vineyard. Then our youngest daughter comes home Monday.  
I'm ready. I'm excited.

But don't forget to Stop by Sunday.
This week's topic: Quilt Storage 
(The post is already done, just in case we have too much fun at the Vineyard...LOL!)

Thank you Sarah for the link-up. I love your blog!

Have a GREAT day everyone.
With smiles,
Val:)

PS: Leave a comment so I know ya stopped by.

6 comments:

  1. You have a ton to Whoop about!!! Great job on all those finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be around Sunday as we are road tripping this weekend so I won't be able to link up. But I don't keep many quilts most are gifts, so my storage consists of a pile of about 4 sitting on my antique Free no.5 sewing machine cabinet or ones I actually use on the couch as lap blankets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop! Whoop! For the three great finishes, Val! Congrats on the two exciting deliveries! And yahoo! We're mowing (the lawn)? Your applique quilt is coming along nicely. Love that playful cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always enjoy looking at your blog. Your always so upbeat & have a smile to brighten my day. I'm presently sewing aprons for my great nieces to use when they cook/can with their grandmother, my twin sister. Just putting on the pockets & they will be done. Next will be an apron for grandma to match. Victoria (met you at Linus Project in Meadowlake).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have much to be whooping about with your 3 finishes and all the wonderful stuff arriving in the mail. HOpe you have a great and fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finishes, Valerie!! And I'm kind of partial to your blog, too!

    Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...