Monday, August 26, 2013

Busy Sewing Receiving Blankets

This week will find me busy sewing flannel receiving blankets together along with matching burp pads. I love making these over-sized blankets for new moms and they love that they are so soft and are larger than store bought ones. 

The finished blanket measures about 38" square. I just sew two flannels pieces together (right sides together), turn it inside out, add a decorative stitch along the perimeter and I'm done. It's a quick but well appreciated baby gift.
One set done and three to go!
With smiles,
Val:)


7 comments:

  1. Neat idea and so quick and easy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to have personal gifts like these on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet gift for new moms and babies. Do you give them to personal friends or donate to hospitals? Something we can all do and means so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea, I will have to try it next time an acquaintance has a baby

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI: The first thing the young mothers said upon opening this gift was: "Oh this is soooo much better than the tiny store bought ones! And I love that it's so soft and thick!"

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...