Thursday, August 1, 2013

Another Top Quilted!

Today I'm giving a Whoop! Whoop! along with Sarah and a bunch of others at: http://www.confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/search/label/whoop-whoop                                http //richardquilts.blogspot.com/search/label/LAFF and because yesterday, with a NCIS marathon on in the background, I was able to hang out in my studio and practice my quilting.  I worked on this pantograph for this  Project Linus Quilt.  (I'm learning how to "nest" my patterns)

I chose a pantograph that would mimic the hot air balloon fabric and  
I used a variegated rainbow top thread to go with all the bright primary colors.

I used a plain orange thread in the bobbin. It was so much fun!

I only quilt for Project Linus so it's always fun to return the quilts to see the ladies reactions! We all ooohhh and aughhh before passing the quilt on to the next person for binding.(Aren't we quilters funny!!!We can always count on each other to see the best in everything!) I think this quilt's bright colors and whimsical look are sure to make a child smile! 
Hey! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek at my work. Don't forget to return and Link-Up Sunday to not only get a look at my Fat Quarter storage system but share your Fat Quarter storage as well!!






11 comments:

  1. The balloon quilting makes that quilt extra special - its great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt. I agree the balloon quilting makes it a special quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and the ballon quilting is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! It truly makes my heart happy to know a teenager enduring sickness will receive it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those hot air balloons! Such a great idea! Excellent job :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG i LOVE this quilt!!!!! It's so...playful. It will totally make a kiddo out there smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The quilting on this is so special Val. Love it!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect choice for the bright colours - your balloons are cool. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys!! I too love the colors and the chapter was sooooo exited when I dropped the quilt off! YAH

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...