Friday, July 19, 2013

Four Project Linus Quilts Finished!

I'm off to Boise tomorrow for a Project Linus Make-A-Blanket Day. I volunteer as a long-arm quilter for our local Chapter and am looking forward to returning these four quilts to them.  


I've only been long-arm quilting for a year. Yet, with every quilt I learn more and more. I feel myself gradually developing my own style. For example, today, I had fun resizing this happy, bouncy frog. I couldn't help but feel good thinking of the future teenager he'll be sure to make smile!



He is part of this teenage/girl quilt I finished quilting today. 
These bunnies, crickets and butterflies join him as they
too frolic across the quilt!

I do not piece the quilt tops. Tomorrow is my first meeting. So I'm looking forward to meeting the other woman in the Chapter who are the creators of these fun, colorful quilt tops!

Take a minute to check out the Project Linus link. It's such a wonderful cause that I love being part of. Feel free to drop me an email if you have inquires about Project Linus. It's the kind of volunteer work where many hands make for light work yet warm many hearts.

And before ya go, here are two quilts I used pantographs designs on: 

This one was quilted with a pantograph called: Playful Paisleys.



And this one was quilted with a pantograph called Paper Poppies:


Thanks for taking a peek!
I'm sure all these quilts will be making children smile soon.
With smiles,
Val:)

2 comments:

  1. I love the blues! Those are amazing fabrics! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilting! I love paper poppies best.

    ReplyDelete

I have to admit, your comments make me smile! Thanks for sharing and for letting me know you stopped by. I Hope your day is awesome!

Val:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...